2018 Boy Scout Popcorn Sale
Resources for Your Sale's Success
2018 Popcorn Order Form
Resources to Enable Online Sales Success
Ideal Year of Scouting
Ideal Year of Scouting– Let all the families help! How do you get buy-in and commitment from your unit’s families when it comes to annual programming and fundraising needs? The answer to this question is the key factor to the level of success your Scouting program will enjoy.
Key components in planning your unit’s Ideal Year of Scouting:
· Brainstorm what your unit wants to do for this Scouting year, include as many families as possible in the process.
· Develop a budget to determine expenses and compare them to your unit’s income. Calculate a per Scout cost for the year.
· Develop a unit calendar to solidify the plan and to help communicate the upcoming adventures.
· Prepare an organized fundraising approach and clearly share expectations with families. The more the unit makes the less money your families have to take from their wallets.
· Set a Unit Goal and set a Per Scout Goal. Every family needs to help pay their way either by fundraising or pay the actual cost.
Kernel Journal - Publication to Support Scout Unit Program Success
Planning Your Popcorn Sale Calendar for Success
8/24 - Show & Deliver Orders Due to Council
9/7 - Sale Begins
9/7 - Show & Deliver Order Product Delivery
10/21 - Sale Ends
10/24 - Popcorn & Prize Orders Due to Council, along with post-dated checks due from units.
11/9 - Take Order Product Delivery
12/7 - Post-dated Checks are Deposited
Popcorn Sale Team
Kevin Trojan - Staff Advisor
Glen Steenberger - Scout Executive
Brenda Sadler - Popcorn Queen
Council Popcorn Chair - Karen Like
Lenni Lenape District Kernel - Brian Eckelman
Wapehani District Kernel - Jeremy Taylor
White River Trails District Kernel - Jami Hardin