2017 Boy Scout Popcorn Sale
On Target – Popcorn Sale Super Seller Incentives
Mega-Corn Piece Patch will be offered to generate desire to have a well-diversified sales approach by Scouts.
Earn all segments by:
$750 in Sales Earns a Scout Edition Daisy BB Gun
$1,000+ Top Sellers Club “Grow the Force”
For every $1,000 in sales, earn 2 tickets to a special screening of
Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi in December of 2017. Screenings will occur in Bloomington, Columbus and Newport, KY.
$1,500 in Sales Earns a Drone
Popcorn Sale Team
Kevin Trojan - Staff Advisor
Glen Steenberger - Scout Executive
Brenda Sadler - Popcorn Queen
Ian Kessler - Popcorn Sale Intern
Council Popcorn Chair - Karen Like
Lenni Lenape District Kernel - Brian Eckelman
Wapehani District Kernel - Coming Soon
White River Trails District Kernel - Coming Soon
Planning Your Popcorn Sale Calendar for Success!
10/22 - Sale Ends
10/25 - Popcorn & Prize Orders Due to Council, along with post-dated check
11/10 - Take Order Product Delivery
12/8 - Post-dated Checks are Deposited
Resources for Your Sale's Success
Kernel Journal - Publication to Support Scout Unit Program Success
Ideal Year of Scouting
Ideal Year of Scouting– Let all the families help! How do you get buy-in and commitment from your unit’s families when it comes to annual programming and fundraising needs? The answer to this question is the key factor to the level of success your Scouting program will enjoy.
Key components in planning your unit’s Ideal Year of Scouting:
· Brainstorm what your unit wants to do for this Scouting year, include as many families as possible in the process.
· Develop a budget to determine expenses and compare them to your unit’s income. Calculate a per Scout cost for the year.
· Develop a unit calendar to solidify the plan and to help communicate the upcoming adventures.
· Prepare an organized fundraising approach and clearly share expectations with families. The more the unit makes the less money your families have to take from their wallets.
· Set a Unit Goal and set a Per Scout Goal. Every family needs to help pay their way either by fundraising or pay the actual cost.